Parents Federation of the persons with intellectual disability (PFPID), is a federation of more than forty-six Organizations of the Persons with Intellectual Disability, founded in 2011 with motto to strengthen the rights of persons with intellectual disability in Nepal. PFPID is currently implementing a project for strengthening organizational capacity, capacity of self advocates and income generation.
PFPID therefore is looking application from competitive candidates who have dedication of working in the disability sector for the following post.
Position: Job Placement Officer
|Job Title||Job Placement Officer|
|Position Reports to||Program Manager|
|Contract type||As per the project|
|Number of opening||One|
|Expected joining date||As soon as possible|
- Work alongside the Program Manager, and member organizations
- Work as an liaison between people with disabilities and employers
- Provide support to company human resource departments to build inclusive workplaces, and facilitate successful workplace accommodations.
- Supporting and participating in all recruitment Process collecting applications, facilitating the candidate’s assessment (written Test and Interview), and employment contract
- Provide resources and collect requests from employers related to hiring and employing people with disabilities (including workplace accommodations)
- Connect and liaise with skills training providers, disability specific skills training providers, and job search companies.
- Support on maintaining personnel files and documentation of Staff, self advocates
- Prepare event report, monthly report and prescribed reports in the format supplied.
- Background in, and knowledge of, industry and employers
- Strong networking and collaborative skills combined with an enthusiasm to build partnerships with employers across the spectrum of industries.
- Prior experience addressing workplace accommodations and adaptations
- Prior experience with Job placement coordination.
- Skills to communicate and collaborate with local DPOs, employers, international partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Computer proficiency and strong administrative skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
- All the interested applicants are requested to submit cover letter highlighting the competency of candidacy and updated CV with at least 2 references and a current passport size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or before 12th September,2022. Salary expectations should be clearly mentioned in the Cover letter.
- Each candidate should clearly mention the name of position he or she wanted to apply in the cover letter and in subject line of the email as well.
- Parents of persons with Intellectual disabilities, Persons with Disabilities, Female, Dalit, Janjati, Madeshi, and Marginalized Youths are highly encouraged to apply.