DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Parent Federation of Parents of Intellectual Disabilities (PFPID), Nepal established in 2012 with the aim of ensuring the rights of people with intellectual disabilities and their parents through organizing parents and persons with intellectual disabilities, capacity building, networking, and advocacy. As an umbrella organization, PFPID leads the intellectual disability movement at national level whilst organizing parents and sub-sequent advocacy campaign at the local level. It advocates for the protection and promotion of the human rights of people with intellectual disabilities and building an egalitarian society with identity, self-respect for dignified lives of persons with intellectual disabilities.
Position: Field Officers – 2
Duty Station: 1 in Pokhara, 1 in Chitwan
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good coordination and working relationship with stakeholders, including donors, government bodies, local organization community people and other I/NGOs, in the program district.
- Develop monthly and quarterly action plan and submit to the Program Manager.
- Ensure the quality implementation of the program activities in the district.
- Prepare field visit report, progress report and financial supporting documents of district level program and submit to the Program Manager.
- Identify issues and rights of persons with Intellectual Disabilities, prepare cases and submit to the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/ Public Administration/ Management/ Science and Technology. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Two year of progressively responsible experience in program management, planning, implementation, reporting and budgeting.
- Basic knowledge in disability, rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, disability related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes.
- Skills in writing proposals and communicating with donors.
- Skills of basic accounting and financial settlements.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication in English and Nepali.
- Excellent coordination, networking, communication, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience of day to day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meeting, writing minutes, record keeping etc.
- Good skills and knowledge on writing advocacy letter, news, event reports, project report, case stories, and success case stories etc. (in English and Nepali).
- Good skill on preparing project related data-base, monitoring tools, storing and analyzing project related data in Excel or any other software.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application with a CV before July 7, 2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted in the recruiting process. Each candidate should clearly mention the name of the position to which he/she wants to apply in the cover letter and in the subject line of the email as well. Qualified persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. Salary and other facilities will be as per the rules of PFPID- Nepal.