Term of Reference
Manual development on the basis of Research on Relevant and Feasible Employment Opportunities for PWIDs
|Tittle||Manual Development on the basis of research on relevant and feasible employment opportunities for PWIDs|
|Organization||Parents Federation of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities|
|Contract Type||Individual/ Firm|
For the overall growth and development human needs fulfillment of many index. The major Indicators being; health, education, job, etc. According to United Nation Development Program (UNDP) as mentioned in its Human Development Reports, “The major human development index is; long and healthy life, knowledge and a decent standard of living. The person with intellectual disability has full rights to exercise all above dimensions. But due to the less knowledge on providing special care and opportunity to them, they are not able to grow on following indicators.
The research was conducted on the topic “Relevant and Feasible job opportunities for persons with intellectual disability”. The finding of the research has identified some feasible and relevant job opportunities for persons with intellectual disabilities. The conclusion was drawn by collecting data from major stakeholders (i.e. PWIDs, parents of PWIDs, potential job providers and already existing job providers).
On the basis of the findings now PFPID will be developing the manual of feasible and relevant jobs that PWIDs can perform. This manual will be guidance for the potential job providers, PWIDs and their parents.
Scope of the work
The consultant is expected to:
- Review the research of PFPID on employment.
- Develop the manual to support the PWIDs in employment on the basis of research findings.
- Incorporate the feedback received from the project team.
- Provide orientation on how to use the manual during facilitation.
The consultant is expected to make use of their own resources to complete the assignment, but PFPID team will provide support and inputs when necessary.
Deliverables: A manual in Nepali language will be the final product, which will be printed and disseminated among potential job providers, support persons/ parents of PWIDs and PWIDs for guidance to support PWIDs in employment.
Qualification and Experiences:
- Advanced university degree at-least (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social sciences.
- Experience in writing and publishing articles in journals, research.
- Experience of preparation of manual and guideline will provide added advantage.
- Prior experience of working on disability specifically Intellectual disability and easy to read format is preferred.
- Excellent command over Nepali language.
Payment and Schedule: The total remuneration of assignment is NPR 150,000/- inclusive of tax. The taxable amount will be deducted as per the rule of Nepal Government. The consultant will be paid in two installments (i.e. 60/40). First installment will be 60% which will be released after the agreement and final installment will be 40% which will be released after the approval of the manual by PFPID Team.
Status Updating/Reporting: The final report date should be produced within 20 working days after signing the contract. The final report should be submitted within 20 working days. The consultant will work with supervision of project manager and job placement officer. During the span of the preparation, consultant will work in close coordination with PFPID project staff/ board and will provide updates on progress to project manager. The progress status of manual development has to be reported to concerned authorities of PFPID Nepalevery twice a week ( i.e. Tuesday and Friday.)
|Activities||No. of Days|
|1. Preparation (analysis, sharing, framework designing)||3|
|2. First Draft||10|
|3. Feedback collection||1|
|4. Final Draft Submission||6|
|5. Submission & Orientation of the Manual to PFPID||2|
|6. Financial Documentation||1|
Interested candidates can email a letter of interest and following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th June 2023. (Extended Deadine: Till 17th June 2023)
- Cover letter outlining the following:
- Consultant’s academic/professional background
- Relevant skills, experience and qualifications
- An updated Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees.
- PAN/VAT registration card of individual or firm.
- To apply click in the link Application for Manual development.docx
PFPID-Nepal holds the right to reject any application that doesn’t meet the aforementioned criteria without any justification.