We are (IDENTITY)
Parent Federation of Person with Intellectual Disabilities (PFPID), a Non-Governmental Organization established in 2011 in Nepal. With 36 member organizations, we are a national human rights organisation leading the intellectual disability movement in Nepal.
We Envision (VISION)
An inclusive society for people with intellectual disabilities, where they realize their human rights, equality and respect.
We Work Towards (MISSION)
Empowering and enabling Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (PWIDs), their parents and other actors to ensure human rights, social justice and quality of life (well-being) for PWIDs.
We Embrace (OUR CORE VALUES)
- Rights Based: We believe in the inherent dignity and equal worth of all human beings and hence universal right of people with intellectual disabilities to fundamental needs
- Social Justice: We believe that people with intellectual disabilities are entitled to equitable access to wealth (resources), opportunities, and privileges as equal as other people of the society
- Inclusion: We believe in fair and meaningful participation of people with intellectual disabilities in the social, political, economic, religious and cultural sphere and all other aspect of the society.
- Respect: We believe in the inherent worth of people and honour our relationships with those who we work with. We treat others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust
- Collaboration: We believe in working together with like minded organisations and building cooperation for greater synergy and effectiveness.
- Accountability: We walk the talk, deliver on our commitments. We are accountable to each other and to our external partners.